Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dish Drawers

We recently ran across a potential kitchen cabinet storage problem. I'd like to share with you our solution.


This family wanted a really open kitchen and living room area. In order to make this happen, they ended up limiting the amount of upper cabinets that they could have. This didn't leave a lot of places for them to store their dishes.


Our solution? Put your dishes in your drawers!
Putting your dishes in a drawer can be very beneficial. Unloading your dishwasher suddenly becomes that much easier. No more placing heavy dishes overhead, you can just lower them into place.


"Love, love, love my drawers. I keep all of my dishes and bowls in the drawers next to my dishwasher. So easy to unload the dishwasher(of course my dd does this most of the time which makes it even easier!). The dishes do not slide around. The drawers are not extra wide~I think 15". I was really surprised at how much can fit in a drawer!" --quote taken from Garden web.com
One woman online suggest this, "If you go with dishes in drawers I really recommend the soft close feature" The soft close feature will ensure that the drawer doesn't slam every time you have to shut it. (Having that many dishes in a drawer can become quite heavy)


No comments:

Post a Comment